Monday, August 25, 2008

Beatrice's first....

...allergies!? On Saturday evening we noticed that Bea had a runny nose and watery eyes! I didn't know if she had her first little cold or if she was allergic to something... peaches? (I gave her her first peaches on Saturday afternoon.) Sunday she still had the watery eyes and runny nose. :( She was still in high spirits though. Just to be on the safe side, I kept her home from school today and took her to the doctor. Of course she didn't have any of the symptoms when I brought her in, but being a new mom, I didn't want to just let it go and then have it be something really bad down the line. I told the doctor everything that she'd done this weekend... and she suggested that Bea might be allergic to the cats! (I have another, valid, reason to leave them on the side of the road now.) But seriously, the doctor just said to keep them away from her for awhile. It's so sad because Bea loves to watch them and try to touch them. Oh well. If I were to have Bea tested she'd have to have blood work done. Yuck! I don't want to do that! At least not right now. I will just keep the cats away from her for now.... :(

No comments: