This afternoon Gigi, Bea and I went to see Santa. Bea was dressed up in her pretty red dress that Gigi got her. She was so excited to see all the other kids and to watch Santa from a distance. But as soon as we got up there (we waited an hour) she freaked out. I even tried to sit next to Santa with her on my lap but she would not have it. And I'm not one to take pictures of my screaming child. I wouldn't like that if it was done to me, so I called it a day. My mom even tried to bribe Bea to sit with Santa and surprisingly she would have nothing of it. And normally Beatrice is easy to bribe! When we got home Bea refused to eat lunch and nap. I, after being at the mall on a Sunday (I hate going to the mall on the weekends) just wanted to get out of the house. Luckily Izak was home and I basically just snuck out and went shopping. I found a tree topper since the one I've had is always too heavy for my trees. :( And I got a couple of new ornaments and some other supplies for our Christmas cards and Bea's 2nd birthday invitations. It was a long day and I still feel like I didn't get much accomplished... Oh well. There is always next weekend.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Christmas Melt down...
Yesterday and today Bea and I have been in Christmas mode. After picking out our tree we took it home to decorate. Of course all my ornaments are those German glass ones and I was worried about having Bea help me. She ended up dropping a few but only breaking one (it was a glass of beer, I didn't care.) Of course wrestling with the lights put me in a somewhat irritated mood so we retired for a nap before we continued decorating.
This afternoon Gigi, Bea and I went to see Santa. Bea was dressed up in her pretty red dress that Gigi got her. She was so excited to see all the other kids and to watch Santa from a distance. But as soon as we got up there (we waited an hour) she freaked out. I even tried to sit next to Santa with her on my lap but she would not have it. And I'm not one to take pictures of my screaming child. I wouldn't like that if it was done to me, so I called it a day. My mom even tried to bribe Bea to sit with Santa and surprisingly she would have nothing of it. And normally Beatrice is easy to bribe! When we got home Bea refused to eat lunch and nap. I, after being at the mall on a Sunday (I hate going to the mall on the weekends) just wanted to get out of the house. Luckily Izak was home and I basically just snuck out and went shopping. I found a tree topper since the one I've had is always too heavy for my trees. :( And I got a couple of new ornaments and some other supplies for our Christmas cards and Bea's 2nd birthday invitations. It was a long day and I still feel like I didn't get much accomplished... Oh well. There is always next weekend.

This afternoon Gigi, Bea and I went to see Santa. Bea was dressed up in her pretty red dress that Gigi got her. She was so excited to see all the other kids and to watch Santa from a distance. But as soon as we got up there (we waited an hour) she freaked out. I even tried to sit next to Santa with her on my lap but she would not have it. And I'm not one to take pictures of my screaming child. I wouldn't like that if it was done to me, so I called it a day. My mom even tried to bribe Bea to sit with Santa and surprisingly she would have nothing of it. And normally Beatrice is easy to bribe! When we got home Bea refused to eat lunch and nap. I, after being at the mall on a Sunday (I hate going to the mall on the weekends) just wanted to get out of the house. Luckily Izak was home and I basically just snuck out and went shopping. I found a tree topper since the one I've had is always too heavy for my trees. :( And I got a couple of new ornaments and some other supplies for our Christmas cards and Bea's 2nd birthday invitations. It was a long day and I still feel like I didn't get much accomplished... Oh well. There is always next weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
what? you don't like pics of your screaming child?! lol. We went ahead and took the picture. I figure we'll get a kick out of it one day.
Bebe is a smart girl.. those mall Santas are creepy!
yes, I like to say it's a healthy fear of strangers. I mean really, what very young child would WANT to sit with a stranger and take a picture??? I guess I am kinda mean for making them sit with him! haha
Post a Comment