Last weekend we were going to run by Port of Subs and grab some sandwiches. We were already out and about and I needed to head into the theatre to help with the set decoration. The last and only Port of Subs in town is on the other side of town for us. We figured we'd run by, grab the sandwiches and jet. When we got there Camille was freaking out and wanted to get out to stretch her legs. I figured why not while we're waiting in line for the sandwiches and it was early for lunch so there was no one in the store. We all walked in and Bea just picks a table out. And she just looked so cute sitting there waiting for us to place our order and get our sandwiches that we just decided to eat there. She looked and acted so grown up!
Yesterday I went to pick Beatrice up at school and when I got there she was sitting at one of the picnic tables with her lunch box open in front of her. She had dirt from her nose to her chin. And her hands and arms were covered in dirt up to her elbow. I asked her if she'd fallen in the sand and she said she was making sand angels. And I jokingly said: 'face down?' She said: 'like this' and she proceeded to get down on her hands and knees... Sure enough she was on her tummy, trying to keep her head up. I then told her that you're supposed to do sand angels on your back.
This morning as we were sitting in the car at her new school Bea and I had a little conversation.
Bea: You know mom this isn't the better school.
Me: Why?
Bea: 'Coz they won't let me have that... um, what's the red thing that Camille and I both have?
Me: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Bea: That girl who holds the jump rope...
Me: Huh?? Olivia??
Bea: No, she has the star belt.
Me: at first I thought She-ra? But then I said: Wonder Woman!?
Bea: Yeah! They won't let me have my Wonder Woman shirt.
Her Wonder Woman shirt is one of her back up shirts she has at school in case she gets her current clothes dirty. She's never wanted to wear it at home but once she saw Camille wearing hers Bea wanted to wear hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment