Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Strong Girls

I have the bravest strongest girls!

Millie went in for ear tube surgery yesterday morning. We waited for the doctor to be ready for the operation on a gurney in the back room. Millie played with her new Lalaloopsy mini the whole time. I had told her the doctor was going to fix her ears. She said she wanted to go home and I said she couldn't until she took a little nap. She got to wear her own clothes and pick out the scent of the 'air' she got to breath. When the nurse came to get her to take her back to the O.R she was reluctant but went. And literally 5 min later the doctor walked into the waiting room and told us she was done but still sleeping and as soon as she started to wake up we could go see her. Shortly after the nurse came in to get us because she was waking up. I could see her in another nurses arms she was groggy but way better then she was the last time we had this done. She just rested in my arms, on my lap, said: Mommy I love you and then wanted some water. The nurse said she could have clear stuff and just have her sip the water in case she throws it all up. She also got a grape Popsicle which she devoured with no issues... she even ate some skittles with no issues!! I was worried she'd puke everything up!  I figured she'd want to stay home from dance and rest but NO, she wanted to go! She's such a trooper and so brave and strong.

The second time around getting the ear tubes in was way better than the first time. I don't know if it was because she's older or because we went with a pediatric ear, nose and throat doctor or what. But I would go to this doctor in a heartbeat with any other issues within his realm.

No comments: