Friday, November 30, 2012
Christmas is coming!
Christmas is coming! Time to decorate! Time for old family traditions and time for making NEW family traditions. This year I'm trying my hand at the advent calendar. I found this (better than what I've seen in stores) advent calendar at Target. I wasn't too thrilled with the price but it was nicer and a bit prettier than the ONE other one they had there for the SAME price. I bought some See's candy chocolate balls and little Santa's (for the 25th - though I think it's silly to have a 25th door because it's Christmas day! What more do you want?) And I also purchased some Lindt chocolate too. I stuffed the chocolates inside and wrote on little slips of paper what activities to do for that day. It was pretty tough coming up with age appropriate things and finding things to do on gym and dance nights (where we wont have a lot of time between dinner and bedtime.) We'll see how it all works out. I got some ideas from my cousin Lisa and some ideas off of pinterest. I tried to come up with back up stuff too. Sooo we'll see how things go tomorrow! The girls are anxious to open those doors and get that chocolate out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sooo much fun. I am sure the girls will love it and you will too! You will have to tell me what other activites you came up with.
Post a Comment