Tuesday, April 14, 2009
What a morning!
Today was Beatrice ear tube surgery. We arrived at the surgery center 10 minuets early. That didn't seem to do much good. We were only admitted at 7:50. The doctor hadn't even arrived yet! We were in a back room where we had to change Bea into a tiny medical gown with ugly yellow socks and wait. The anesthesiologist came in and started to explain what would happen. I started tearing up because frankly I didn't really want to know. Finally the doctor arrived and the nurse came to take Bea away. Beatrice cried of course, but I managed to blink back the tears and appear somewhat presentable in the waiting room. Before we knew it the doctor came out to speak to us, telling us everything went well and that we'd be able to see her soon. Almost directly after he left a nurse came out to get us, Beatrice was waking up. We walked back to the room where we had been before and she was crying and looking sleepy. She cried for almost a good hour. She tried to drink some juice and then she'd cry some more. We couldn't leave until she went to the bathroom. It was making me crazy because I could tell she just wanted to go home. She finally managed to drink all of her juice, but she still hadn't gone potty yet. I was seriously debating just making a run for it. But of course I was slightly worried that there was a valid reason why she needed to potty. We kept asking the nurse if we could leave. We debated even lying and saying she's gone... I almost broke down and started crying again because Beatrice was so upset and we all just wanted to get out of there and go home. We asked the nurse again and she contacted the doctor and he was going to come and check on Bea. By then Beatrice was calmed down and walking around smiling and talking to people. The doctor came and said we could go home, but to call him if she didn't go potty by noon. So we're home and in the clear. She's eaten and acting fine, like nothing ever happened. I think I need a massage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad it is over and she is doing well!
Great Easter Pictures, she is just so dang cute! Can't wait to see you guys
Post a Comment